Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) can support and advise people who have been raped or sexually abused. The ISVA will offer practical and emotional support for anyone who has reported to the police or is thinking about doing so. The ISVA will be sensitive to your needs and will help you to make informed choices.
Our Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA ) offers a free and confidential*(Laura is there a way that word confidential can again link to the confidentiality statement on our website?) specialist service providing practical help and emotional support to anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted at any time in their lives.
Sometimes it can be difficult to talk to your family, friends or partner about what has happened to you or you may not have told anyone at all. The Independent Sexual Violence Advisor can provide the opportunity to talk in a safe and confidential environment. The ISVA service is about helping you to make informed choices, not about telling you what to do.
The ISVA can support you in a number of ways:
- To help you decide if you wish to report to the police and give you information about the legal process and your rights
- Liaise with the police and prosecution service on your behalf and advocate when needed.
- Support you from report through to court
- Identify what other support you may need and help you get other specialist support, e.g. counselling, mental health support, sexual health, substance and alcohol misuse
What to expect:
- The ISVA will contact you and arrange to meet with you if you wish
- You will not be expected to talk about what’s happened. The ISVA will be aware of this and will focus on supporting you through this difficult time.
How you can get the ISVA service:
You can ask for a referral to the service from the Police, NHS or any other agency.
Or, you can self-refer by calling us on 01452 305 421
PO Box 16, Gloucester, GL4 0RU
General enquiries: 01452 305421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline: 01452 526770 or email email@example.com